“Being creative within the limitations” - this is the principle that I stick to."
I am an ardent UX Designer currently based in San Diego, California (I love it here!). Driven by Dieter Rams' design principles, I'm ridiculously interested in simplicity and laziness. I believe that, if a person becomes lazy yet productive by using your product, you've designed that product well. I'm a confectionery enthusiast, especially ice creams, even though I don't remember any of the names of what I eat.
What I focus on
My area of focus includes but are not limited to User research, Empathy, UX design, User Flows, Wireframing, prototyping and usability testing. Now, I like to do this by considering the limitations and constraints of contemporary technologies while defining user experiences and designing user interfaces.
My Perspective of design
Understanding the limitations of development is something that I always focus on while designing. I believe that this is important to give an insight to design something that is pragmatic. My ultimate goal is to work as a UX Developer focusing on both design and development to design and develop habit forming products that would help users achieve their goals by making them lazy yet productive.
To be honest, there is no one "ideal" approach to every problem. Every problem is different and so is every approach to solve those problems. But if I have to let you in on my most common approach it will be this:
- Unpack the knowledge of the problem through user research, observations and interviews.
- Demonstrate problems and any bits of already available solutions.
- Propose detailed solutions without thinking of any constraints.
- Use metrics such as efficiency, effectiveness and satisfaction.
- Sketch as many ideas as possible.
- Decide on the best ideas by considering the possible conflicts, limitations, resources etc. and by creating user stories.
- Zoom out when everyone else is zoomed in.
- Ice creams
- Music preference - Metal, Celtic and Melodic EDM along with Rock and Country rock.
- Digital drawing and Illustrations
- Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (I play it online occasionally)
- Movies and TV Shows (Currently watching House of Cards and Vikings)
- Tomorrowland (The outset of my euro trip will begin here or at least that’s the plan)